Welcome to the Technology Department
Croeso i'r Adran Dechnoleg
Technology in Ysgol Bro Gwaun is delivered by three enthusiastic staff, supported by a full time technician. Each member of the department has an excellent subject knowledge gained through both teaching and time spent in industry.
What is Design Technology?
Design and Technology helps prepare pupils to participate in tomorrow's rapidly changing technologies. They learn to think and intervene creatively to improve quality of life. The subject calls for pupils to become autonomous and creative problem solvers, as individuals and as members of a team. They must look for needs, wants and opportunities and respond to them by developing a range of ideas and making products and systems. They combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetics, social and environmental issues, function and industrial practices. As they do so they reflect on and evaluate present and past design and technology, its uses and effects. Through design and technology, all pupils can become discriminating and informed users of products, and become innovators.
The school has a responsibility to provide a broad and balanced based curriculum for all pupils.
The department supports this by:
- Setting suitable learning challenges
- Responding to pupils' diverse learning needs
- Overcoming specific barriers to learning and assessment for both individuals and groups.
- Mrs V Currie, Head of Technology, Catering, Engineering and Construction
- Mr J James, Resistant Materials & Engineering Teacher
- Mrs H Reynolds, Textiles Teacher
- Mr M Hughes, Technology Technician